Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Zuza

What I didn't say about Zuza before is that she is just the brightest little light in my life.  Lukas is wonderful, sweet, funny, always eager to give you kisses and always wanting to spend the evening curled up next to you. 

Zuza loves me best.  Of all the people in the world, I am the one she chooses to love.  She warns me when my blood sugar dips too low, worries when I'm upset, makes me laugh, always wants to cuddle and paves the way for me in the world by being so cute that everyone smiles (or laughs out loud) when they see me coming down the street with a dog in my shirt.  (Once an entire Korean family with cameras stopped and took pictures of me sitting at an outside table off the Commons because Zuza had crawled into my shirt so that I looked like I had one really large boob that occasionally sprouted huge ears.  I know I'm on YouTube somewhere.  Search for "alien breast".)

And tomorrow she's having surgery for a mass removal...and I am quietly terrified.  She is so brave, such a force to be reckoned with and she holds a huge piece of my heart in her tiny, tiny paws.

2 comments:

  1. everything will work out. of that i am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes! I know she's in good hands. She is surrounded by love from all around.

    ReplyDelete