Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I'm Back!!

Hi folks.  I last wrote almost 2 years ago.  And then I just stopped. I had more writing responsibilities at Briar Patch, and I got sick, and...I don't know, things got in the way.  I worried that I only wrote about sick or dying pets.  Who wants to read about that?

Well, I'm back.  And I'm taking a class in Grief Counseling around Pet Loss.  Guess what? People do want to talk about what makes their pet really, really spectacular.  They want to celebrate the relationships they have with their pets.  They want to see hundreds of pictures of cats they've never met, and hear stories of victories of pets vs. the cold, cruel world.  And they want to know that lots of people will never say, "Oh come on, it's just a dog.  So get a new one."

So that's what I'm going to talk about.  I'm going to talk about some of the wonderful animals I get to meet.  Some of them, like our newest kittens, Horatio and Calliegh, are the most pirate-like cats you will ever meet. To mix a couple of metaphors, they've boarded the ship and resistance really was futile.  And some of them, like the German Shepherd Greta, are at the other end of their lives when you meet them--but all of them have something to say to you, and I'm going to try to let them do that.

And now, for a completely gratuitous picture of a kitten to boost my followers: 


Horatio

WAIT! I have a better one!  

Horatio, the first night with us.  We fostered him. Right....

No comments:

Post a Comment